Sunday 3 March 2013

Weekly Nail: Tea and Ice Cream


This week I knew I wanted to use Earl Grey, but wasn't sure what else I could add. I toyed with the idea of adding some polishes from the Essie Summer collection Bikini So Teeny, but thought they would be too bright. Then I saw this post on The Dainty Squid and knew I needed some gold and pastel blue.

I ended up using Ulta3 Earl Grey and Precious, along with MUA Pistachio Ice Cream. I really love this colour combination! I think I'm getting better at using nail stickers, the lines here are much cleaner than my previous tries. I still need to work on my patience and let the polish dry completely before I do anything so it doesn't go lumpy. I don't think it helped that I put Pistachio Ice Cream over Earl Grey, and Pistachio Ice Cream goes on very streaky, so I needed more coats than I would have liked. I also made it more difficult by using the gold in the middle, and Pistachio Ice Cream wouldn't go on well over Precious so I had to use a whole lot more nail stickers, and time, than I would have liked.





Not much has been going on in my life lately since I got back from Brisbane. I've been working a fair bit which is great as I need all the money I can get for my UK trip, and I caught up with friends over dinner one night which was lovely. I've also been getting back into Tumblr recently, so if you're on there you can see mine here.


What are you wearing on your nails this week?

8 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this! I never would have come up with such combination but it looks so great!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was a little unsure before I started but I'm so happy with how it turned out.

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely combo! Earl Grey is so so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning color combination! Reminds me of The Dainty Squid's weekly nail for this week.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaylah definitely gave me the inspiration for this. Like most of her weekly nails, this weeks was really pretty.

      Delete
  4. this looks gorgeous I really love the colour combination :)

    ReplyDelete